Sunday, April 3, 2011

Running

Its amazing to think how far my body and mind have come since I have started running. The most impressive is my mind. Running gives me an "out" and I love it. I love spending that time just me and my thoughts. The best is that while I get to spend "Ashley" time I am getting in shape.
I have put a lot of thought about my recent Half Marathon. When someone asked me "How did you do?" I would respond "I finished" haha! only because I didn't want to share my time because I felt like I could have done much better... especially because there came a point I had to walk. I wanted to run the full 13 not walking but my body wouldn't allow it.....when I was reading and researching running it always stated that you needed to listen to your body because you could really hurt yourself. Well, I am glad I listened because my knee was sore for a whole week, if I would have kept running and pushing who knows what would have happened. But back to my response and my thoughts. I did finish! And I finished exactly what my goal was 2:30:02! I should and now am VERY PROUD. I have learned that even though I am competitive its okay not to be "the best" I just started training in Dec. Three months and I was able to run 13.1 miles!! Racing/Running is an individual sport. It doesn't matter who came in before you, who ran faster, who was already walking back when you still have 2 miles to go...it only matters if you were able to overcome your own personal goals. And I definitely did in this one. I am looking forward to many more to come! The Red Rock Relay is going to be a different type of run and battles...but once I we finish that one, I can't wait to know how far I have grown physically and mentally when its over.

No comments:

Post a Comment